Market Basket Analysis - Association Rules
Find rules of what tend to occur at the same time from transaction data.
How to Access?
You can access from 'Add' (Plus) button.
How to Use?
- Product (Subject Column) - Set a column to find rules for. If it's purchasing data, this should be a column of product names.
- Basket (Key Column) - Set a column to use as an id of transactions.
- Minimum Item Length, Maximum Item Length (Optional) - As default, minlen is 1 and maxlen is 5. How many subjects should appear in a rule.
- Minimum Support Value, Maximum Support Value (Optional) - As default, min_support is 0.1 and max_support is 1. The range of support value for results.
- Minimum Confidence Value (Optional) - The default is 0.5. The minimum value of confidence.
- Left Hand Side Items, Right Hand Side Items (Optional) - The default is NULL. What subjects should come to lhs or rhs.
- Maximum Number of Items in a Basket - Maximum number of most frequent items in a basket to keep before running rule mining algorithm (Apriori algorithm). Less frequent items are dropped so that rule mining completes within reasonable time.