Runs Chi-Square Test, which checks differences of distributions of categorical variable among groups.
Input data should contain following columns.
- Target Variable - The categorical column whose distribution should be compared among groups of rows categorized by the values of the explanatory variable.
- Explanatory Variable - Another categorical column to categorize rows into groups.
- Pivot Table
- Show Frequencies in ... - How to display the frequencies in Pivot Table view. One of the following.
- Percentage (%)
- Show Difference from Expected in ... - How to display the differences from expected frequency in Difference view. One of the following.
- % Difference
- Standardized Difference
- Power Analysis
- Effect Size to Detect (Cohen's w) - Effect size (Cohen's w) that is considered to be meaningful. If not specified, the value calculated from the data is used.
- Probability of Type 1 Error (P Value) - Probability of type 1 error that can be tolerated. Default is 0.05.
- Probability of Type 2 Error (1 - Power) - (Optional) Probability of type 2 error that can be tolerated. If a value is specified, required sample size is estimated and reported in the Summary Table. If not, probability of type 2 error with current condition of the test is reported in the Summary Table.
- 1.Click Analytics View tab.
- 2.If necessary, click "+" button on the left of existing Analytics tabs, to create a new Analytics.
- 3.Select "Chi-Square Test" for Type.
- 4.Select Target Variable column.
- 5.Select Explanatory Variable(s) columns.
- 6.Click Run button to run the analytics.
- 7.Select view type by clicking view type link to see each type of generated visualization.
"Summary" View displays the summary of the test result.
- P Value
- Degree of Freedom
- Association Coef. (Cramer's V) - Measure of association between the target variable and the explanatory variable. The value ranges from 0 (no association) and 1 (complete association).
- Effect Size (Cohen's w)
- Probability of Type 2 Error
- Number of Rows - The number of rows of the entire input data.
"Prob. Distribution" View displays probability distribution of the test statistic (Chi-Square) under the null hypothesis, and where the test statistic for the performed test is placed in the distribution.
"Pivot Table" View displays a table that shows frequencies of the rows that comes from each combination of the 2 categorical values. The frequencies can be displayed either in count or in percentage, which can be configured by the "Show Frequencies in..." property.
"Ratio" View displays a bar chart that shows percentages of the rows with each value of the Target Variable, for each Explanatory Variable value.
"Contributions (%)" View displays a scatter plot with circles each of which represents contribution to the Chi-Squared value from a combination of the 2 categorical variable values.
"Differences" View displays a scatter plot with circles each of which represents difference of the actual frequency from the expected frequency for a combination of the 2 categorical variable values. The differences can be measured either in percentage, absolute count, or the standardized difference, which can be configured by "Calculation Method" property.