SQL Server Data Import
You can quickly import data from your SQL Server into Exploratory.
1. Create a connection for MS SQL Server
First, you want to create a connection for SQL Server.
After filling the below database information:
- Host - Host name of the SQL Server
- Port - Port number for the SQL Server.
- Database - Database Name
- MS SQL Server ODBC Driver - It shows list of installed drivers. Regardless of the driver selected here, when you publish a Data source that uses the connection, ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server is used for Scheduling. (Both exploratory.io and Collaboration Server have ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server)
- Username - Username of the SQL Server
- Password - Password of the SQL Server
Click ‘Test Connection’ button to make sure the information is correct, before you save it.
2. Open SQL Server Import dialog
Select 'Import Database Data' from Add New Data Frame menu.
Click SQL Server to select.
3. Preview and Import
Click "Run" button to see the data back from your SQL Server.
If it looks ok, then you can click 'Import' to import the data into Exploratory.