Market Basket Analysis Analytics View
Find rules of what tend to occur at the same time from transaction data.
Input data should contain following columns.
- Product - Set a column to find rules for. If it's purchasing data, this should be a column of product names.
- Basket - Set a column to use as an id of transactions.
- Association Rules
- Minimum Item Length - Minimum number of items on the left-hand side of the rules to find.
- Maximum Item Length - Maximum number of items on the left-hand side of the rules to find.
- Selection of Minimum Support Value - How minimum support value is set. This can be one of the following.
- Search Automatically - Automatically search a minimum support value that finds some rules.
- Specify Value - Manually specify the minimum support value.
- Minimum Support Value - Minimum support value for the rules to find. Takes effect when "Specify Value" is chosen for "Selection of Minimum Support Value".
- Maximum Support Value - Maximum support value for the rules to find.
- Minimum Confidence Value - Minimum confidence value for the rules to find.
- Number of Rules to Plot - Number of rules to plot in the Graph view.
- Rules are Selected Based on... - Criteria to select rules to plot in the Graph view. One of the following.
How to Use This Feature
- Click Analytics View tab.
- If necessary, click "+" button on the left of existing Analytics tabs, to create a new Analytics.
- Select "Market Basket Analysis" for Type.
- Select Product column.
- Select Basket column.
- Click Run button to run the analytics.
- Select view type by clicking view type link to see each type of generated visualization.