Distance by Columns Analytics View
Calculate distances between each pair of columns among specified set of columns.
Input data should contain following columns.
- Variable Columns - Set of numeric or logical columns. Distances for all posssible pairs among those columns are calculated.
- Analytics Properties
- Method - Method to calculate distances
- Show Only Lower Triangle - Show only lower triangle of the matrix, avoiding showing distances for same pairs twice.
- Show Diagonal Values - Show values on diagonal of the matrix, which should always have distance of 0.
- Number of Clusters - Number of clusters (by K-Means algorithm) used when clustring columns to display them on Similarity Map view.
- Random Seed - Seed used to generate random numbers. Specify this value to always reproduce the same result.
How to Use This Feature
- Click Analytics View tab.
- If necessary, click "+" button on the left of existing Analytics tabs, to create a new Analytics.
- Select "Distance by Columns" for Type.
- Select Variable Columns.
- Set Analytics Properties if necessary.
- Click Run button to run the analytics.
- Select view type by clicking view type link to see each type of generated visualization.